Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 7, 2010

Yo,

The MTC is still good. Today is fast Sunday and I'm so hungry right now. It's good because whenever I remember I'm hungry, I think of the Atonement . . . so I love that.

My testimony has already grown so much. Like so much. :) I've had some great experiences. Testimony meeting today was really great. One of the Elders in our zone got up and told us that one of the missionaries in Romania that recently died was his cousin. He talked about seeing him again in the next life. Another talked about how his uncle was murdered and how he had hated the killer for so long, but now he would hug him if he saw him and tell him he was loved. Pretty amazing!!

Today we had a temple walk where we walk up to the temple and take pictures and stuff. It's nice to relax for a second. I'm trying to be very concentrated and obedient. "We must have complete dedication. That comes with complete obedience. You must have complete obedience to have the Spirit with you." -- MTC President Smith. :) I sound like a missionary. Ha ha!.

I just want you to know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers. I know that without a doubt. I pray more in a day here than I would normally pray in a couple of weeks. It's the most comforting thing to know that my Father in Heaven, who has a perfect love for me personally, knows me and my desires and my needs. He wants to help us. He WANTS us to speak to Him often. He's there. We need to take advantage of that as much as possible. You can literally pray about ANYTHING! I love it. And I want you to feel His love always.

Before I came to the MTC I always questioned if my thoughts and feelings came from the Spirit or just from my own head. I really had problems determining which was which, but I heard this quote from David A. Bednar that really opened my eyes. "All good thoughts come from the Holy Ghost." It's pretty simple. That's what I love about this Gospel: It's simple, straightforward. As long as we do what God asks of us, we will be fine. It isn't much. Just endure to the end in all things that we've been taught to do and we'll live with Him again. That's why the Atonement of Jesus Christ is so important. We ALL make mistakes every day, but through the Atonement we can become clean and stay truly happy. The Gospel is incredible!

I started teaching for the first time on Saturday. After, I realized I need a lot of help and I started to feel a little inadequate. But then I realized, "I've only been here three days, it will come. The Lord will provide for me." D&C 100 has given me a lot of comfort and hope as well. That is such a good section for missionaries.

I've been writing in my journal! And I love it. I just love everything (wowwwwwww) right now!! The Gospel is true! Live it, and you will be happy, period.

I love you and miss you so much. My P-day (personal day to take care of things) is Wednesday and you'll be getting an email.

Love,

Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment