Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 13, 2010

Hi Mom and Dad!

Happy Valentine's Day! You're probably going to get this after Valentines Day but I wanted to send this asap. Thanks for all that stuff!! I have no idea what I'm going to do with all that food, ha ha!. You all SERIOUSLY sent me sooooooo much stuff, ha! But everyone was jealous. :) It was such a surprise! I love you all so much! You are honestly the best parents ever. But I love doing this work and serving the Lord. It has already blessed my life so much.

The MTC is still great. Definitely has it's ups and downs but always ends on the good. It's a little like an emotional and spiritual roller coaster. It's crazy! I can't really explain it but one second you'll be doubting yourself or feeling sad and the next second you'll be confident or way happy.The Lord works in mysterious ways!! I wish I could explain to you just how good my teacher, Brother Reis is. Wow! I swear he's going to be a General Authority. He has had some of the most amazing experiences. Every class with him is SO spiritual and educational. I have already been blessed so much since I've been here. It's been inspiring watching the Lord's hand in my days. I just love it so much! Prayer has been one of the gifts in my life that has grown the most. I pray a lot! And I love every second of it. Talking to God makes me feel close to Him. Like He's looking over me and watching out for me. And the Spirit has been so strong in me as well. "I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind, which shall fill your soul with joy!" ( D&C 11:13) It fills MY soul with joy!! So does studying the scriptures. Studying the scriptures is so enlightening although I have a lot more studying to do to know the scriptures better. But as long as I work hard and give my life to the Lord, I know I will be blessed.

Check out this quote from President Uchtdorf that I LOVE: "Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness. Hope sustains us through despair. We learn to cultivate hope the same way we learn to walk, one step at a time. We grow in our ability to abound in hope through the power of the Holy Ghost (Romans 15:13) as we more perfectly live the Gospel. We hope in Jesus Christ, in the goodness of God, in the manifestations of the Holy Spirit, and the knowledge that prayers are heard and answered. Hope teaches us that there is reason to rejoice, even when all seems dark around us. No matter how bleak the chapter of our lives may look today, because of the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ we may hope and be assured that the ending of the book of our lives will exceed our grandest expectations. Never give in, never surrender, never allow despair to overcome your spirit. The love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart!" So good, huh?

Anyway, I love you both so much and I miss you. The Gospel is true!

Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment