Wednesday, February 24, 2010

February 19, 2010

Hey Family,

First of all, I love you more than you know. I've grown so much already and am so excited for what these next two years of devoted service to the Lord hold for me. I just wanted to bear you my testimony:

I love this Gospel! Representing Jesus Christ and wearing His name on my name tag is the greatest honor I could ever ask for. His name is right over my heart, where it belongs. I know that I have a Father in Heaven who loves me. Just as He loves all of His children. I know that He is there for me whenever I need Him. We were sent here for a reason. We were sent to this Earth to prepare to meet God again, and live with Him eternally. I know God has a plan for all of His children. Heavenly Father wants nothing but joy for us. He wants us to make right choices and follow His commandments so we can be happy and return to live with Him once more. I know that God the Father sent His Only Begotten Son, Jesus Christ, to this world to atone for all our sins, sorrows, griefs, sadness and pains. I am forever indebted to Him because of that. I OWE HIM MY LIFE! I know that I can use that atonement in my life to stay happy and draw nearer to Christ. I also know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, we can be cleansed from our sins so we can worthily be in the presence of our God. It is the ONLY way. Through Him I can be perfect. I love that!! I know that Christ's Gospel has been restored in this day. It was restored through a prophet of God, Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith is my hero!!!. The pains and tribulations he went through were unbelievable. He was beaten, tarred and feathered, thrown in jail, starved, his family and friends were persecuted, and his children were taken away from him. He eventually died a martyr for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God without a doubt. I know Joseph Smith translated the plates through the power of God. That book is a testament of Jesus Christ, my Savior, and IT IS TRUE! I can testify that the Book of Mormon can answer ANY question you have about life. It's amazing! I know we have a living prophet today, and that man is Thomas S. Monson. He is a prophet, seer and revelator of the Lord, just as all of the rest of the Apostles are. I know that through him we receive continually the word of God as well. The Holy Ghost is a gift that we, as members of this church, can have always if we just keep the commandments of God and come unto Christ. I hope and pray that we never take that gift for granted. That spirit is a streamline between us and God. It can testify and teach us all things. I promise that as we pray to recognize the Holy Ghost in our lives we will see God's hands operating in all the rest of our days. I love the joy this Gospel brings me and my loved ones. I'm so excited to share this "good news" with the people of Orlando Florida whom I have stewardship over. I know they will be eternally grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Chrtist and what it can do for them. Christ . . . my redeemer . . . LIVES!

2 Samuel  22: 2-4, 32-33

"The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer. The God of my rock; in Him I will trust: He is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my Savior; thou savest me . . . I will call on the Lord who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved . . . for who is God, save the Lord? And who is a rock, save our God? God is my strength and power: and He maketh my way perfect."

I love you forever and ever,

Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment