Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010

I’m honestly shocked every week at the crazy things the two of you do hahaha. Next thing I know you're going to be ice climbing, base jumping, and deep sea diving. Keep it up though, you guys are awesome! To answer your question about transfers Dad, transfers are only every 6 weeks. And I could very well be transferred on November 2nd when the next transfer starts. I don't know though. I can't believe Halloween is this transfer! Elder Fullmer and I will probably dress up as each other and exchange tags. We’re funny...I know. Cool you saw the missionaries at the Thai restaurant. I bet they were very thankful for your contribution. Oh and thanks for sending the package. I haven't checked if it's here yet but I’m sure it is. So thank you!

Alright so first of all...thank you so much for the prayers. It’s paid off! I’m not going to lie...things with the work have been super hard since Elder Fullmer and I were first made companions. Besides Sebastian (who we are sooo thankful for) no one else has been taking the message seriously and we weren't really teaching anyone solid. BUT!...yesterday things changed. Let me just say I love fasting and prayer. We got a way solid member referral for this 16 year old girl who is friends with the elder's quorum president's daughter. She has been coming to church for the past few weeks and wants to get baptizedddddd! So fresh. She lives with her aunt and uncle and needed to get permission from her mom to get baptized. So Brother Netane (elder’s quorum pres.) called us last night and said she got the ok from her mom, that he set up an appointment with her for Wednesday at 3, and that her uncle and aunt are going to sit in on the lessons too. Ah it's the best! And then last night...the last door we knocked on in this apartment complex we found this awesome family! Father, mother, three kids ages 12, 7, and baby. They love us! And they are stoked to read the BOM and pray. I’m so excited. They’re sweet. Things are looking up. Oh and we are teaching this other Haitian family. Father, mother, 2 kids ages 8 and 5. We’ve only met with the dad, Steven, so far though. He was supposed to come to church but didn't...lame. But he's really solid. He wants to get baptized and knows he needs to. He’s been taught in the past by Creole speaking missionaries. He said he knows the BOM is true and that Joseph Smith is a prophet. Soooo SICK! Yes! Ha-ha the Lord is blessing us so much right now. Yesterday was awesome. We also tracted into 3 less-active people in the same neighborhood this last week. We are in the process of requesting their records and hopefully will teach their families soon. We’ve been working really hard lately and the Lord is blessing us now! It’s a proven fact. Endurance. Patience. The Lord will do His part.

So this weekend is General Conference! I’m ready to feast. I love it. Be prepared to seek learning by faith as you watch! I would encourage you to take notes on the answers you receive to questions you might have and write down all that you are prompted to. I’ve really realized lately that we NEED to write down our insights from the Spirit. He is the testifier and teacher of all truth. So why not write down what he tells you. Ha I’m so excited for conference.

But anyway I love you both! And hope you have an awesome week! Stay fresh and be blessed!

--

Elder Austin Gable Engemann aka dubEE fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment