Sunday, February 20, 2011

February 14, 2011

Hey Familyyy!


First of all...Dad...I can't believe you called and texted us. You are crazy haha. But I still love you.

So happy Valentine's Day! Hope you have a great one. I got your package this morning. Thank you! Those treats look so yummy. Speaking of packages...I never got the iPod. I don't know if it got lost in the mail or what but it never came.

This week was alright. I think the Lord is testing us haha. It was one of those weeks where we felt like a lot of things went wrong. No one came to church again. Javier stopped answering our phone calls. I think I'm having a mid-life crisis hahaha. Just kidding. Everything is good. Sometimes I just wonder if I'm doing something wrong. And I see some other missionaries who are baptizing like crazy and it's a bummer. But this is the path I'm supposed to walk out here, I know it. Everything happens for a reason. It just makes me want to work harder anyway.

We had zone conference this last week which was SO good. A lot of things are continuing to change in the mission. We are cracking down on PMG and trying to stay focused on the essentials: finding, teaching, and baptizing.

We also went to the doctor in Orlando on Wednesday. My companion should be getting a call back from them soon.

We had a great lesson with Mildred this week too. We taught her all the commandments. We were worried that it would be hard for her to accept the word of wisdom. I guess we should have had more faith because she accepted it right away. She had a cup of tea on the counter and after the lesson we said "So what are you going to do with that tea?" hahaha. And she just straight up said "Well I guess I'll throw it away. I don't have to drink it." It was so cool. I love that lady. We're still trying to help her leave her church right now though. She just has so many friends over there. It's a very slow process with her. It's a spiritual battle every time we go over there haha.

So today is zone P- day. We're all going out to eat and then we'll play some sports or something. Then we're watching Space Jam! Welcome to the space jam, here's your chance, do your dance at the Space Jammmm...alrighttt :) That's about it for now. I hope you both have a great week! I love you!

--

Elder Austin Gable Engemann aka dubEE fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment