Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 24, 2011

Hello fellow Floridians. At least for a few more hours. I'm glad that you enjoyed the cruise. It sounds like it was a pretty busy one. I'm so proud of you both for talking to people about the Gospel! That's great. I'm glad you made some good friends on your vacation too.


Thanks for the happy birthday wishes. I got your package. Thank you! I haven't opened the present yet, don't worry. And I appreciate you sending me the iPod and speakers. The iPod you sent me was one of my old ones that is broken. Sorry about the confusion. If you could send me the little all black one that I sent home near the beginning of my mission that would be great. It has all of my churchy music and stuff on it. Gracias.

Sooooo...PAM IS GETTING BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY! Yayyy. She got her cast off last Tuesday and we met with them on Friday to set up the baptism program. She got so excited while we were doing it haha. She asked me to baptize her and Elder Whitworth will confirm her on Sunday. It's going to be so awesome. She's so devoted. Reads church materials all the time. I love working with people who see the importance of obeying God's commandments.

Tonya is doing good also. Reading the BOM every day. She keeps it right by her side 24/7. She read it from 9 to 3:30 one day this last week while she was at work haha. We'll have to move her date back a little because of a few things that came up that will hold her back just a bit. But she can do it. Keep her in your prayers.

Nay is kind of falling away from us because it's so hard to get a solid appointment with him. He's always out "helping people", which is great, but it holds us back from teaching him about the truth so he can repent.

We met with Mildred on Thursday for 3 hours! We watched The Testaments with her at her home first. She was awake for 5 minutes of it. Literally. She's so funny haha. And then we read in Alma 34 and talked about how she's procrastinating the day of her repentance for 2 hours. It was a really good conversation. She's really getting the message now. We invited her to be baptized in February but she said she wasn't ready to commit yet. At the end of the lesson we asked her to close with a prayer and ask God if she needed to get baptized on February 20th. We also said that when the prayer was over we were just going to be silent and listen to the Spirit. RIGHT after we all said amen the Spirit swarmed the room. Mildred felt it so strong. We were just sitting there for probably 7 minutes just listening. And every once in a while Mildred would make a comment about how strong she felt the Holy Spirit. She also said she could see the Spirit through our faces because our countenances had changed (we thought that was pretty cool). It's the strongest and most recognizable time that I've felt the Spirit my whole mission. I literally felt like the Holy Ghost was inside of my chest. It was so great. How can people not want to feel that!?!?! They just don't understand. It's sad. But I'm so thankful for it.

So this week starts a new transfer. Elder Whitworth and I will stay together for at least another 6 weeks. Elder Parsons is leaving though and Elder Brown will be coming up with Elder Moore in our apartment. This transfer went by so fast. It's crazy. But I love you both and hope you have a great Spirit-filled week!

--

Elder Austin Gable Engemann aka dubEE fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment