Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010

Hey hey heyyy. I’m glad you enjoyed the video from Brother Dion. He’s the man. We went to the BEST Cuban restaurant ever! It was so freaking good hahaha. I loved it. Just to answer some of your questions: we're having a ward party this Wednesday at the church. The ASL sisters are going to decorate a door and we are providing the candy. It’s going to be fun. The little kids will be trick or treating in the church. I don't know what I’m going to dress up as yet. I should probably figure it out though because it's coming up. Maybe I’ll dress up as the Book of Mormon or something like that. About transfers...I find out if I’m leaving or staying this Saturday so I’ll let you know next week. I have no idea what's happening to me so I’m a little anxious ha. Oh and thank you for the package! I loved all the stuff in it. About elder summers...I got a package of a bunch of sugary foods from him and a letter the other week. I wrote him back and he should be coming back out soon. Stoked about that. Tell Jake I say good luck with the National Guard thing. One of the counselors in the elder's quorum did that whole thing and he learned mandarin Chinese. I was actually talking to him about it yesterday at church. It seemed pretty intense.


This week was awesome. We set a date with this Vietnamese girl named Vy (pronounced vee) for November 20th but then we went back on Friday and she wasn't there so we'll see what happens with her. We only met with José for about 5 minutes on Saturday. We’re going to see if he's going to take it seriously and live the commandments that we've taught him and stuff. We might end up dropping him if he doesn't progress. That’s the way the cookie crumbles...but we taught a lot of other cool people this week. We taught a Chinese family with a RM that went to Canada, Mandarin speaking. All of our investigators in our teaching pool are foreigners haha. We’ve been giving out all these crazy languages for the BOM. Two Mandarin, one Vietnamese, one French. And they're all really cool but we just need to get them all to church! That’s always the problem. But it will work itself out somehow. On Saturday morning we ate breakfast at a members' house. The Pease family. That was fun. Then after that we went to help out a kid in the ward working on his eagle project. I remembered how much I appreciated the help I received for mine so I wanted to help him out. He’s collecting children's books to donate to the local library so we went around and put grocery bags with information on doors. Then Sunday, Doreen came to church like always. She was the only one there though. Then we ate a HUGE dinner at the Mapakoi's house. They always feed us so much food and make us eat it all ha-ha. They’re a really cool family. Samoans. Then we got an awesome call last night. Doreen called and said that she wants to get baptized on the 13th of November! It was great. Because up until that point she wouldn't accept a date. So she called us and set one herself! The best. Hopefully I’ll be able to be here for it. I either have to not get transferred or get transferred to an adjoining zone. We’ll see what happens. So that was my awesome week.

Love you both! Have a blessful week.

--

Elder Austin Gable Engemann aka dubEE fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment