Monday, October 4, 2010

October 10, 2010

A few words before I tell you about my awesome week: 1. I love you. 2. Thank you so much for the package. I loved the treats and the CDs are awesome. 3. Dad I am planning on working with you in Xocai when I get home so keep that spot! 4. The Xocai protein powder is awesome. I was wondering if you could send me some Xe? :) 5. How good was conference!!! Ah. It was like Christmas for me. So much good stuff. President Uchtdorf's talk on pride made me feel about as big as an ant. Ha no but it was so good. And Elder Christofferson's talk on 5 principles of a consecrated life was great. And President Eyring's talk on trusting in the Lord. The theme that I came up with for General Conference is: faithfully choosing to obey and trust in the Lord's commandments given through his holy prophets. All the talk about following the prophet makes me feel like something big is going to happen soon. Hmm? Only time will tell. 6. I’m glad grandpa's lawsuit stuff against Marie is almost over. It sounds like it has been a really long and tiring process. Tell him I love him and he's in my prayers. 7. Mom I’m glad you're going to get to spend some time with grandma, Uncle Ed, and Aunt Verna at Uncle Bryce and Aunt Wendy’s this thanksgiving. That will be fun! 8. Well...there was supposed to be an 8 but I don't remember ha-ha sorry. OH! I remember. I’m so stoked to see your picture! Send it quick!

Alright, so...my week was great. We met this guy named José who was a referral from the Spanish missionaries. He’s really cool and a good guy. Apparently he got abducted by aliens and they messed up his life. There’s a lot more to that story but I don't know if posting it on the internet would be appropriate Hahaha. Maybe I can tell you about it when I call you on Christmas hahahaha. He’s funny though. And he's an AMAZING artist. So good. Anyway. We set a date with him for the 23rd of this month. He came to general conference and said it was "interesting". He has strong faith. We’ll see what happens.

We also met with Doreen, the 16 year old girl that was referred to us by a member. She’s awesome! She wants to get baptized. We had two lessons with her this last week. The first one was a little hard because she doesn't know much about Jesus Christ or the gospel but it ended really well and she had the desire to learn more. She read from the BOM and has lots of questions. We love questions. anyway then on Saturday after the first session of general conference we met with her at Brother Netane's house with the Netane family and some of Doreen’s other friends/family. We watched "The Testaments" so it would be easier for her to understand about what our Savior did and how he also came to the Americas. The Spirit was SO strong after the movie. It just filled the entire room. And everyone there was feeling it. We testified of Jesus Christ and his atonement as well as baptism. Then we invited her to be baptized and she accepted. She just wants all of her family's support. She such a cool girl and has a strong desire to follow the Lord. But it was just a super spiritual meeting. I love those. But she came to general conference too with the Netane family on Sunday.

On Wednesday we gave Raldy and her family a church tour. Remember Raldy? Yeah we had dropped her but felt inspired to get her to the church so we could get her comfortable with it. We had a really cool member family named the rich family that came to help with it. She said "it helped a lot" but we couldn't get a hold of her to come to general conference. Hopefully we can help her get to CHURCH!!!

We are teaching a few other people right now and if they progress a little more I’ll tell you about them. That’s it for now. Love you both very much! And miss you like crazy. You in my prayers every night :) stay fresh and are blessed.

--Elder Austin Gable Engemann aka dubEEfresh

No comments:

Post a Comment