Monday, May 31, 2010

May 31, 2010

Hi Family!


Happy Memorial Day! Hope you're having a relaxing day at least a little bit.

So I got your package on Thursday, thanks a lot! In the next package you send (whenever that is, I don't need it soon) could you also send me my white tie that was in that same bag all the other clothes were in?

So I read that book Believeing Christ. It was good. I loved all of the analogies that the author used in it. He did a good job of applying everything to the reader. So thanks for that too.

This week was way good. We didn't do that well with lessons and finding people to teach just because we were busy with stuff for the baptism and other things. On Thursday night we went over to a member's house (the Mejia's) with Karolyn and Jonathan. Elder Miller and I made up this game to play with them. Gospel Jeopardy! Ha-ha it was so fun. We made four categories: The Restoration, The Plan of Salvation, The Gospel of Jesus Christ, and The Commandments. With each category we had five questions worth from 100-500 points. It was the adults vs. the kids. Elder Miller and I were Alex Trebeck ha-ha-ha. So that was really fun.

The baptism was on Saturday. And it went SO well! A bunch of members showed up to support Karolyn and Jonathan and everything just ran smoothly. It was pretty cool to baptize Jonathan too :). Great experience! They asked us each to participate in the baptism and confirmation ordinances. So I got to baptize Jonathan on Saturday and then on Sunday I confirmed Karolyn and gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost in sacrament meeting. That was a great experience as well. I love them so much. They are going to be the best members! I gave Karolyn the copy of Believing Christ that you wanted me to and told her it was from you. She wanted me to thank you very much. And I told her that you would add her on facebook. So do that ha-ha. Karolyn Castro.

Well that's pretty much it for now. Tomorrow we have Zone Conference so that will be good. But yeah, I love you both! A lot. I miss you too. And I hope you have a blessed week.

--

Elder Austin Gable Engemann aka dubEE fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment