Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012

Hey Mom and Dad!

Things are going pretty well in Winter Garden. This week wasn't the best, but we're hoping for a better week this week.

Cristal didn't come to church again...so we have to push her date back again. She hasn't been showing a lot of committment to the gospel recently. It has kind of faded with her within the past week or so. I think her family has something to do with it. The family is really nice to us but I don't think they want Cristal to join the church...we'll see.

Then the Kvitkauskas family's progression has stopped. The 14 year old daughter understands everything and knows the church is true. It's not really clicking for everyone else though. I have been praying for patience with them though. They will get there eventually. We have had spiritual experiences with them, but they don't know how to put two and two together yet to understand that what they are feeling is an answer to their question/prayers.

A lot of things fell through this week. It is disappointing but we aren't going to let it slow us down. I think we kind of put all our eggs in one basket. Missionary work takes so much effort haha...it's unreal. I love it though. It takes every part of your soul to be successful, but I wouldn't expect anything less to be a servant of the Lord. I know He doesn't expect anything less either.

I really want my last few weeks in the field to be miraculous. I'm going to do my very best to help others come unto Christ. I have vowed to the Lord in prayer that I will do my best. And I really don't want to disappoint Him. That's about it for this week! Hope you have a good one! Love you!

--
Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment