Saturday, November 12, 2011

November 12, 2011

HI!

So sounds like things are great back home. I can't imagine the snow and cold weather there...it's perfect here :) it was actually pretty chilly last night though. We spent last night at the bus stop with Cindy contacting people for about an hour and a half. It was so fun. She gave out a BOM! She was so happy. It was great. I love the members in the ward. I think I say that every email...but they are the best. Really missionary minded.

Nick is in the MTC!? Laura Sudweeks is going on a mission to Italy!? What is this! I am SO happy for them. I didn't know that Laura was going on a mission. Could you get me her address by next Saturday? I would love to write and congratulate her. I'm also really happy that you were able to spend some time with Ty. I love that guy. He's probably dazed out of his mind being back in Provo haha.

So this week was wonderful. Week 6 of the transfer. Each transfer goes by so fast. Ugh. We went on two exchanges this week. One on Tuesday with the Cocoa ZLs and one on Thursday with the Orlando South ZLs. I am so thankful for all the good friends that I have made out here. We have the best missionaries in the world here! Literally. We also did a lot with Transfers. A lot of things happened last minute that have changed some things. We are meeting with President one last time (most likely) later today to finalize it all. I love being involved with transfers. I have gained a very strong testimony of companions, areas, and leadership responsibilities all being for a reason. It's amazing how Heavenly Father does it. I know without a doubt that every companionship in the mission is together for a reason, because the Holy Ghost confirms it as we discuss and pray about transfers. It helps me to know that each area I've been in, each companion I've had, and each leadership position I've held has been divinely appointed. LOVE IT!

This week we mostly taught members. We are trying to get them all pumped up again so they can continue with their missionary work before they leave in the beginning of January to go back to school.

Gabriella is doing AMAZING! She has such a strong testimony. She has had some struggles with her family accepting her decision this week but each time has come from it knowing that she is supposed to learn something. She will be getting baptized this next weekend! She is solid! Carlie is back home in Washington right now for a couple more days. She needs some prayer. Her family isn't very supportive of her decision. She is still trying to find out what to do. Kristen was supposed to get baptized today...she hasn't texted or called us back for the past week. So her baptism fell through. We're not really sure what happened. Something did though. Either with her family or friends or something. Not sure. We have been praying so hard and so much for her and so that we can contact her. Hopefully this week we can see her...Right now we are in the process of trying to find more people to teach! It's a little rough but it will pick back up soon. The Lord has blessed us so much recently. We have absolutely no complaints! Our patience is being built. Two scriptures I've read recently come to mind:

Hebrews 12:1-2
1. Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2. Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
James 1:2-4 (JST)
2. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into many afflictions;
3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
I love how James' reading says "let patience have her PERFECT WORK". Every trial of faith we go through is for a perfect reason because it was set forth by a perfect Being. Remember that when you go through your next trying time :)

I love you both! Hope you have the best week everrrrrrRrRrRrr!

p.s. How are things going with the food storage stuff?

--
Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment