Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 18, 2011

FAMILY! HI! So transfers are tomorrow and Elder Bennett and I are staying together. So freshhh! We also found out on Saturday that the boundaries of three wards in the Hunter's Creek Stake were changed. Basically our whole area in the Pleasant Hill Ward and part of the Hunter's Creek Ward was put into the Kissimmee ward. Elder Bennett and I were nervous because we thought that all of our solid investigators were going to be given to other missionaries (kind of selfish, I know, but we love them haha). But we met with President Hall yesterday and figured it out. We're just going to keep our same area plus the extra bit from the Hunter's Creek ward and we'll be moved into the Kissimmee ward. I hope this is making sense; I'm sorry if it's confusing haha. It's weird too because I know a ton of members from the Hunter's Creek ward that will now be in the Kissimmee ward with me. Like Therma and her family will be in my ward! I love them so that is sweet. My old ward mission leader too. And some other families that I know. And now our area covers my old area in Hunter's Creek so I'm partially back in my old area hahaha. It's crazy. This is probably just confusing you so I'm sorry.

But anyway we had an awesome week. We found a ton of new people to teach and helped two new investigators commit to a baptism date. The Lord blessed us with two member referrals that are elect as well. We honestly don't know what we did to deserve it. 100% blessing. 100% miracle. Pretty cool stuff. I think they are both out of our area now though since the boundaries changed. But it's ok because they'll definitely get baptized eventually. The sisters will probably teach them now.

One family that we are teaching was blessed with a miracle too. This guy named Pucho is the head of the household and he hurt his right knee at his job about 25 years ago. Now he has arthritis and some other problems with it that he is going to the doctor for. After we taught the family the word of wisdom, we told him about Priesthood blessings and he accepted to have one given to him. In the blessing, Elder Bennett and I told him that his leg would be healed. After the blessing it was dead silent for about 5 minutes and he was just in the zone. We knew he was praying in his heart. Then we left after that. We saw him yesterday and he said it hasn't hurt at ALL since then. He recognized that God blessed him with a miracle and he now says that he will never drink again and he is going to come to church every sunday. He was so stoked about it all too. It was great.

Other than that we're just doing work. Getting blessed like crazy. On my mission I've gained a huge testimony that obedience brings blessings. We're not perfect but we try our best and I know that that's why the Lord blesses us. I just realized I've used the word "bless" a ton of times in this email haha. I wonder why...But that's about it. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! Have a great week and a Happy Resurrection of Christ Day! Oh wait, one more thing: how much are you both going to the Temple? If you want, you should go more...haha. Because it will make your life better. Promise. But you know that.


--

Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment