Tuesday, June 29, 2010

June 21, 2010

Heyyyyy Mom and Dad,

What's crackin'? I hope you had a great Father's Day Dad!  I bet you loved my card, huh? Ha-ha.

This last week went by fast . . . but it was a slow week for missionary work.  We only got two new investigators.  Not much happened. This week will be solid though. But actually we did set a baptismal date for July 10th with a guy named Milton. He's cool.  But we'll see where it goes.  We mostly tried to work with less-active families and our main investigators.

Alex and her family are doing good.  We taught them the Plan of Salvation with sidewalk chalk and that was fun. And Ryan is on track to quit a habit.  He'll be going cold turkey at the end of the month. Lookin' fresh!  Ryan is just a way chill guy. I'm stoked for him to eventually be baptized.

I love imagining the people I work with 20 years down the road . . . just raising a righteous family in the church . . .having callings and fulfilling all their responsibilities. The best! I want that for everyone!

So we had our final President's interviews with President Darrington last Wednesday.  It was the last time any of us will see President Darrington for at least the rest of our missions. Pretty weird. He's an awesome guy! I'm stoked for you both to meet him and Sister Darrington (at the fireside in Pleasant Grove). You better be there :) ! I told them you would be.

I'm excited to meet our new mission president and his wife: President and Sister Hall. I'm sure they'll be awesome.  President Hall was the vice-president of BYU Idaho before he was called to the Florida Orlando Mission. I bet he's a baller (editorial comment: for those of you below 30, baller is a good thing:)).

On Saturday, the Fort Pierce elders had a baptism and Elder Miller and I went.  Two of our investigators came. It was sweet! Ryan came and a new investigator named Can came. Can (pronounced Con) is his nickname. His real name is Anthony. But we just call him Can. Ha-ha. He has a TON of questions. They're good though. He came to church yesterday too! And we got three less-active people to come to church also! It was great!

Karolyn and Jonathan are still doing amazing. Jonathan got the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday. If I get transferred next week I'm going to miss them a lot. I definitely want to stay in good contact with everyone I work with after my mission.

Anyway, that's it for now. I miss and love you both! have a blessful week!

- Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment