Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010

Hola!!

Somos los misioneros de la Iglesia de los Santos de Los Ultimos Dias.

Wassup, wassup! How are you my wonderful parents? Things here are great! We had a big thunderstorm last night. I woke up a few times during the night and heard THE loudest thunder I’ve ever heard. And it's been rolling thunder, lightning, and rain all morning. Lightning struck right next to our apartment, ha-ha. Pretty cool!

I’m really sad to hear about Aunt Betty. I wish I could have seen her before it happened. She’s out of pain now though. So that's awesome and we'll have eternity with her so I’m not too worried.

Sounds like Grandma's party was really fun! Too bad I wasn't there...it would have been way better!! :)

Anyway, this last week was good. We had Zone P-day last Monday. Played basketball and watched "Up". I love that movie!! Then the next day we had Zone Conference which was amazing! It pumped me up for missionary work, ha.

The Mission President gave a really good training on teaching the plan of salvation using the Book of Mormon. We had other trainings on referrals and the Lord's invitation for baptism. So that was a spiritual uplifter. The Mission President committed us to set two baptismal dates by the end of the week and we tried. Hard. We invited Christie, Tiffany, and this couple Larry and Darlena. Christie still doesn't understand authority and how we hold it. Tiffany said she needs to pray and read more. Larry and Darlena accepted and right after the first lesson too! But we haven't set a date with them yet. They said soon though or when they're ready. We were also hoping to see Christie and Tiffany at Sacrament. They weren't there though.

By the way, I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting on "charity". It went well. I dropped a tear or two at the end of reading a poem called "The Touch of the Master's Hand". But back to what I was saying. They didn't come to Sacrament. But then thankfully Tiffany ended up coming to Gospel Principles AND Relief Society. That made me really happy. Buttttt, not much else is going on. We’ll see if we can set a solid date with Larry and Darlena tonight because we have an appointment with them.

But I love you both! I miss you too! Have a wonderful week! Be blessed~

--
Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment