Monday, December 5, 2011

Decenber 5, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad!

I didn't know that you were going a cruise this week! That will be fun. I got the Books of Mormon with the primary kids' testimonies in them. They are awesome! I think we have already given them all out haha. We showed everyone and gave a little background about what the primary kids did and everyone we gave them to loved it. Sharing the gospel! Good job primary kids!

I haven't gotten my driver's license yet but I should be doing it soon. I tried once a few weeks ago but I needed proof of residence in FL (like a water bill or something).

Mom, good job sharing your testimony in Sacrament meeting. That is great! I shared mine too :) Love it. Every time you share your testimony it grows! Funny how it works.

This week was amazing, as always. The Spirit helped us so much this week. There were many instances where we felt prompted to talk to certain people on the street and we ended up teaching them. I've learned that even if you think a prompting is just something you thought of in your mind...FOLLOW IT! It doesn't matter. As I've applied that in my missionary work I've realized how much it really isn't "just you". It truly is the Spirit. And if it's not...the Spirit will teach you after the fact and you will learn how to better recognize His promptings. It's a win-win situation.

The Lord is blessing our investigators a lot right now. One He is helping to quit smoking. The other He is giving strength to resist the temptations of the adversary through her mother. The others He is helping overcome heartache that has been caused in their family because of unrighteous decisions. And while He is doing all that...He still has time to lead and guide Elder Dawson and me to continue to find more people who are searching for the truth. I don't know how He does it, but He does!

Sister Old and her husband came to church this week. Ruby came. And the Kvitkauskas family came (I don't know if I told you about them but it is Patti and her husband and two daughters). 7 people! It was great! Please pray for these people. They need prayers. We also set a baptism date with our new friend Sam yesterday night for the 31st of December. We will end up handing him off to the Buena Vista Sisters though because he is 21 and it will be better for him in the YSA ward. Things here are moving! I love the Winter Garden ward a lot. The members and leadership are awesome! Last night we went to this thing called the Festival of the Nativity at the stake center across from the Orlando Temple. They featured nativity sets from all over the world. It was really cool. And then after that we watched the First Presidency Christmas devotional. Patti and her two daughters came. Good times. Well I hope everything is going great for you in Utah. I love you and hope you have fun on your cruise! Talk to you next week :)

--
Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment