Friday, October 28, 2011

October 22, 2011

Hello!

So a few things in the spirit of response:

1. Brett is home! When you see him, please give him a bear hug and tell him that I love him.

2. Thank you for praying about the whole issue of my release date. It is much appreciated and I agree with you :)

3. For me to get a FL driver's license I will need my original birth certificate and my social security card. That is somewhat of a hassle but "come what may and love it!" right? So if you could somehow get that to me quickly I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Alright, now for the good stuff. This week was full of greatness! We went on two exchanges. One to Daytona, where I saw Grandpa and a few of the people that I knew up there. Then the other in Orlando, where we worked with Elder Bennett and Elder Hyde. Good times. We were able to set two new dates for November 5th with girls named Carlie and Kristen. They are awesome! Both reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church! They are friends with a member from Provo named Jolene. We have taught them a few times now.

There is a guy in our ward named Tommy that is preparing for a mission and so he has been coming out with us quite a bit this last week! He is a great addition to our teaching. And something that I haven't found to be very common out here is that he likes the same kind of music as I do! (At least what I USED to listen to before the mission haha). So we are pretty tight now haha.

Dave is doing great! We had an awesome lesson with him about the Priesthood and the responsibilities that he will have when he is ordained a Priest. We talked about the Sacrament, baptizing, and missions. I started crying as I shared some feelings about the mission and how much he would love it. It was a cool experience for me. I can't explain it through email haha sorry.

Steve went home to Pennsylvania for the weekend to see his family, but he is still set to be baptized this next Saturday. Please PRAY for him! Thanks.

Demi's baptism was today! It was so great! She was pretty nervous but she was really happy after the ordinance. She is a great girl. April came to it as well and had a grand old time! We haven't been able to get in contact with Angie or Nozomi really this week, but we are working on it!

The Lord is blessing us SOOOO much right now! Week after week. That's it for now though! I love you both so much! Thank you for being the best parents and the greatest example I could ever look up to! Have a great week!
--
Elder Austin Gable Engemann

No comments:

Post a Comment